#1 Recap


Last night's ride had a nice turn out. We followed along rivers with frogs. There's lots of rabbits and other wildlife out just after sunset. Some rough terrain at one point. No flats, and only one minor crash - I hope your finger is okay, Rollers!

The next one is on July 7th. It seems a lot of things are happening at this time, but this ride will still be happening, faithfully, until September 15.  More hills, less paths, and a different direction. Or, I might just put all the rides in a hat a do it randomly.

I am open to trying different taco/equiv. spots if you'd like to suggest any.

P.S. The last ride in September ends with a party at my house.

Photo from last night's ride by Stephen Roullier.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for a fantastic evening! I walked a lot but at least I didn't have to walk home ;)

    very happy and surprised at how well my skinny tires held up.

    -e-

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment is more just for me, but I just remembered that these same dirt paths from the last ride are where I first learned to ride a bike with my dad.

    Later on as kids, my brother and I would do a lot of these rides on our own with just our beat up Huffy single-speed coaster-brake bmx-style bikes. We would ride so far that we could not walk or feel our own asses the next day. The problem is I would be such a maniac and want to explore so far that I think I ended up turning my brother off to bikes completely- Something I should be more mindful of on these new sets of voyages.

    So, it seems there is more personal significance to these routes than I had first realized. A re-exploration of the past... the ability to go beyond where I had never gone before, and the chance to share it with friends.

    ReplyDelete