#10 The Hangman's Noose


UPDATE - START LOCATION HAS CHANGED TO -

ALSO NOTICE 5:30 PM START TIME

On Sunday July 29th we take a journey to the east to visit the mysterious Turnbull Canyon.

This is a place of many urban legends. The area is known for satanic ritual killings, practices of the occult, gang member executions, a former insane asylum, an abandoned cold war missile launch site, and even property allegedly belonging to the KKK. It is surrounded by both a huge cemetery and LA's largest landfill that can be seen from space. The view from the summit is a breathtaking 360 degree view from the most eastern part of LA that is unparallelled.



This ride will be approximately 40 miles round trip. Most of the route is going to be flat except for the main climb that will ascend 1,300 ft to get to the vantage point for the gloaming. We will then attempt to escape from the canyon with an incredible three mile descent into darkness.

I encourage you to arrive early so that we can depart promptly at 5:30 pm from the starting point.  I anticipate our return by 10:30pm - That is IF we survive...

This is like nothing I've ever done before, and I have been anticipating this trip for the longest time.  I hope you can come and experience it with me.

2 comments:

  1. Did I mention how excited I am about this route?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reviewed the Skyline Dr. portion of this route on 2/5/2012. It can be read on socalmtb.com.

    I'll be there for the start in Hilghland Park.

    Gtoffmycld

    ReplyDelete