#12 Recap



We traversed through the Elysian hills until we encountered the dwelling place of angels.

We then descended into the darkness, and sloshed through the bowels of the underworld.



I was very pleased to have fifteen riders go places on a bike where they normally haven't gone.  I actually was going to do this route in reverse order. Thanks to Veronica, who couldn't get out until late but really wanted to do the part with the tunnels - She asked me to change the route to do so.  I did, and it flowed all very well.

People were helping each other with mechanical issues and patching each other up from cuts to prevent infection from the upcoming trek though sludge. The highlight of my night was when my friend Steve decided to headbutt a huge dripping limestone stalactite while wearing his helmet. This resulted in the stalactite crumbling down upon him and knocking him off his bike and into the soup.

This was the last gloaming ride because I am about to go away for almost a month with vacation and family events. I am planning to do an all day event in late September.  If you are interested, please email me at gado.squared@gmail.com and I'll give you the details. I hope to see you all back when I do this ride again. I have a some new ideas of places to explore that I've still never been to yet.

Send me photos from last night so that I can post them here.

Enjoy this video of LA nightfalls:




1 comment:

  1. Even with me accidently getting hit by a Staltite, it was truely a good ride. The name heaven and hell really was a good choice in name. The views the the begining were epic. The hell was even better. Sure I hosed my self out on the street and took two showers, but when else will I be in a real life horror film.... actually its probably the next gloaming

    ReplyDelete